Yeey, I am happy to announce that MyAnimeGo has received another award, the Blogger Recognition Award! And we are just so happy about it.
We got this award early this year January but I didn’t see the notification about it until just this month. So I definitely had to do my acceptance post for it right away. So here’s how this one goes:
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated.
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two or more pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and link their blogs.
So you are going to get to read our origin stories. Well, that should be fun, let’s get started:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Thank you, Irina, she wrote this interesting post “I Think We Should Revive This Tag in 2020 – Blogger Recognition Award” that nominated us for this award.
She is the Thomas Wolfe of our community, whose always looking for and encouraging new bloggers. Irina is such an encouraging and motivational force of nature. I honestly don’t know how she can juggle so much.
2. How Our Blog Began
I actually started about 3 years ago with The Nerdy Girl News. I’ve always been a fan of anime and manga, but writing was my passion. By nature, I’m not a very loud person but I like putting pen to paper and creating worlds and theories. It makes me feel heard.
I’m not the most technical person and after 2 years of blogging, I was getting burnt out. YumDeku and I were already friends and we decided to merge our blogs together! This has made everything so much easier. It’s awesome getting to work with friends!
For me, I have always loved cartoons, anime, manga and gaming since I can remember. There is just something about the mediums, maybe it the idea of drawing and creating the world from scratch, I can’t really say. The first real anime I watched that I knew I was watching anime was Naruto.
Occultic;Nine was terrible if you ask me, but watching Yuta Gamon runs his blog “Kiri Kiri Basara,” writing news, discussing the occult and trying to drive traffic to his blog so that he could live off the money from affiliate click-throughs. Was really what started it all.
Don’t get me wrong, I do like the idea of sharing my thoughts on otaku related content and reaching so many people in places I might never be able to go to, with my words but the idea I can turn something I love into a part-time or full-time career is really exciting to me.
Occultic;Nine was the push I needed to stop thinking about starting my blog and just jumping into it, which created Yo!D101 on Blogspot that was a general-interest blog that has now evolved into MyAnimeGo.
Blogging has allowed me to meet some amazing bloggers like my blogging partner TheNerdyGirlNews and create content that helps other anime, manga and gaming enthusiasts around the world.
3. Our Blogging Advice
- You need to be patient, blogging like Rome was not built in a day. Don’t get discouraged by reading or hearing about other bloggers that are making like +$1000 a day or getting millions of views. They all started like you are now.
- It’s okay to take a break! I think it was about 6 months, maybe a little more, that I stopped posting content and didn’t even try to plan any articles. And that’s okay!! It was a much-needed break and I got to focus on just enjoying anime again and not feeling like I HAD to watch something so I could review it or come up with head-canons.
- Go at your own pace. Blogging is not a race that you have to win. There will always be anime and manga and people who love to read, watch and talk about them. You haven’t exhausted the niche yet and you’re doing great. Believe in yourself!!
- Last but not least remember to just jump in blogging like the life you will make mistakes and 90% of the time it can be corrected learn the basics and just start writing and please please take it as a hobby first and foremost, and don’t get hung up on stats too much, those things get better over time.
4. Our 10 Nominees
- Rai Kelly @Rai’s Anime Blog
- THEO J ELLIS @Anime Motivation
- Nabe-Chan @GEEKNABE
- Mia @9 Tailed Kitsune
- Arthifis @Anime Shelter
- My Anime For Life @MyAnimeForLife
- Jon Spencer @Jon Spencer Reviews
- Scott @Mechanical Anime Reviews
- tcrow @Crow’s World of Anime
- K @K AT THE MOVIES
- Lumi @Lumi Reviews Things
Congratulations and best wishes to our nominees! Thank you again to Irina for nominating us for the award! And if you’re reading this post and want to take part in this award, then consider yourself nominated.
Till next time…